Under 11 (U11) Rec
U11 Recreation Program: DOB 2012/2013
- Opens June 01 of the current season and closes August 14 of the current season
Season Start Up:
- TBD, previous seasons September for full ice skate (not mandatory)
- Possible all female team if numbers allow
- Interested parties for coaches and volunteers can go to Be a Coach | BC Hockey
- Volunteer/coach application is on the FSJ Minor hockey website
- All ice times will be posted on the website
- If ice time is available 2 shared ice practices between Monday and Friday
- Additional weekend ice times for those coaches who are interested are available
Games and Tournaments
- All games will be full ice and U11 teams will be part of the NERHL and will participate with teams in the District, Taylor, Fort Nelson, Dawson Creek, Tumbler Ridge, Chetwynd, Clearview
- Each team will be allowed to attend minimum one out of town tournament per season
- Atomic jersey will be provided once Groups have been determined
- FSJ Minor Hockey will have a donation table with free gear
- located outside the Minor Hockey office which is in the Pomeroy Sports Centre
- Questions about hockey gear - Ernieâ€™s Sports and Canadian Tire can outfit all players
U11 Development Tryouts
- Go to FSJ website and click on U11 Devp for more information
About the U11 Program Delivery
The U11 Pathway is a progressive, learn to play teaching curriculum. This pathway is an important component in the transition from the U9 Pathway and serves as preparation into the U13 Pathway. The U11 Pathway consists of four (4) phases of instruction, designed for players graduating from U9 hockey and for entry level hockey players who may start playing hockey at this age level. The U11 Pathway curriculum introduces, develops and refines the skills of skating, passing, puck control and shooting in a progressive step by step manner.
The U11 pathway affects players aged 9 and 10 years old. All hockey coaches coaching U11 community sport streams require at a minimum Coach 2 - Coach Level Training.
For further information contact your Division Coordinator or Jr. House Director.