Under 13 (U13) Rep B
SCHEDULES and INFORMATION for Tryouts: Schedule Information on Website only.
www.fsjminorhockey.ca Emails will not be sent to individuals - all times and information will be through the website.
If you have interests that might take you away from your participation or commitment to your hockey team, make the right choice be honest about how much you want to play on a competitive team. Decisions you make will affect your team. Championships are generally through Spring Break. If you are taking a Spring Break vacation play recreation.
What is required to Tryout for a Competitive or Development Team?
- FSJ members must be registered by July 31 midnight of current season.
- Players from other MHAâ€™s must be registered with their home MHA and fill out FSJMHA non member form.
- Forms will be available on the website under Forms and Registration
- There is a non-refundable tryout fee for all players.
- Late tryout requests will not be accepted, please do not ask.
How are players picked for teams?
- All players must attend the higher Tier ice time for U13 and attend all practices and games.
- Players may choose to attend U15 Trackers only or U18 Trackers only.
- Players may choose to attend U15 Tier 3 tryouts only or U18 Tier 3 tryouts only.
- Evaluators who are not in conflict with players on ice will participate in player selection.
- Players are numbered and names are not given to evaluators.
- Last five picks are chosen by the Head coach.
- Coaches are not named until numbers are down to the last five.
- There is no process that is 100% .
And if you are part of the team?
- There will be team fees which are set by each team outside of Minor Hockey fees.
- Team fees left at the end of the year will be returned to the parent.
- Minimum two practices a week, one of which could be 6:00 am or 4:00 pm.
- Be prepared to travel, play hockey most weekends, and miss some school days.
- As a Rep Competitive Player or Parent, your behavior on and off the ice reflects on you and FSJ Minor Hockey.
- If you have a concern that your coach or team manager is not able to resolve, PLEASE contact your Rep Director.
Are there expectations for parents?
- Parent Commitment is necessary. There are many jobs for Competitive teams, you will be expected to help.
- It is up to parents to ensure your child arrives at all games and practices on time.
- Punctuality is a sign of respect!!
- It is mandatory that you participate in any allowable fundraising for the team.
Respect the Coaching Staff
- You will not agree with all coach decisions, practice plans and game plans.
- This does not give you the right to interfere.
- Coaching your children off the ice will cause confusion and stress for the player. Let the coaching staff take care of the players on the ice during games and at practice.
- Be a positive influence for all players on the team.
- If you are going to be a constant negative party to the game, on and off the ice â€¦.GO AWAY!
Verbal abuse of officials, coaches, opposing players or your own team is not acceptable behavior. If you are frustrated, remove yourself from the Arena before you have an outburst which will embarrass yourself, your child, and your Minor Hockey Association. Watch the video on 11.4 available on BC Hockey website.