Under 11 (U11) Dev
Tryouts for Fort St. John U11 Development Team
U11 NERHL and U11 Development are recognized by Hockey Canada as recreation not carded. Therefore, players must reside within their Geographic boundaries to be part of FSJ Development team.
Residential Qualifications as per Hockey Canada C:
- Players seventeen (17) years of age and below must register in the Member where their Parent(s)reside, unless the Player is registered in a Hockey Canada School with Residence or Hockey Canada Accredited School, and registers with one (1) of that schoolâ€™s Teams.
- It shall be the obligation/responsibility of each Member, in their sole and unfettered discretion, to implement additional residency registration regulations for the formation of Teams within their Geographic Subdivision.
- A Playerâ€™s residence is established by: a) The Parentsâ€™ usual residence when Parents live in the same house; or b) In cases where the Player has more than one custodial Parent, each of whom lives in a separate residence, the usual residence of the Parent with whom the Player usually lives. If the Player lives equally with both Parents, his place of residence shall be determined by the Member. NOTE: the term â€œusual residenceâ€ is defined as four (4) out of seven (7) days.
- When a Playerâ€™s custodial Parent changes due to a guardianship order to an individual who is not a Parent of that Player prior to that guardianship order being obtained, and the Player changes residence to live with that Parent in another Member, the Player may not, in the first Season after that change has occurred, register or Affiliate with any Team that could earn the right to participate in a Hockey Canada Regional or National Championship.
- Authority to assign Residence of a Player is as follows: a) Hockey Canada, in its sole and unfettered discretion under powers vested in it by By-Law 53 may, on application made by or on behalf of any Player, deem such Player to be resident in a Member other than that where his Parent is resident and Hockey Canadaâ€™s decision in this regard shall be final and binding. b) A Member, in its sole and unfettered discretion may, on application made by or on behalf of any Player, deem such Player to be resident in a place within the Member other than where his Parent is resident and the Memberâ€™s decision in this regard shall be final and binding.
- Members are authorized to make restrictions with regard to the residential qualifications required for Players registered with Senior and Junior Teams under their jurisdiction.
Registration Link: http://fortstjohnminorhockey.rampregistrations.com/participant
Director of Hockey
Fort St. John Minor Hockey