Under 18 (U18) Rep
PARENT & PLAYER INFORMATION TRYOUTS
SCHEDULES and INFORMATION for Tryouts: Information on Website only.
www.fsjminorhockey.ca There will not be any emails sent to individuals - all information will be through the website, including times for tryouts and list of players who are eligible.
What is required to Tryout for a Competitive or Development Team?
Must be registered by July 31 midnight of current season.
- Players from other Minor Hockey Associations must be registered with their home MHA and fill out FSJMHA application and medical form.
- Players of FSJ Minor Hockey must be registered and fees paid prior to tryouts.
- There is an additional fee for all players trying out for a Competitive or Development team.
- If a player chooses to not tryout after signing up, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tryout fees are not refundable.
- Late tryout requests will not be accepted, please do not ask.
How are players picked for teams? (more information on www.fsjminorhockey.ca)
- All players must attend the higher Tier ice time for U13.
- Players may choose NOT to attend Zone team tryouts for U18 and U15.
- Evaluators who are not in conflict with players on ice will participate in player selection.
- Players are numbered and names are not given to evaluators.
- Last five picks are chosen by the Head coach.
- Coaches are not named until numbers are down to the last five.
- There is no process that is 100% .
What are the expectations for Players prior to Tryouts?
Come to tryouts prepared!
- Players are to attend all practices and games.
- Let your coach know if you are unable to attend.
- If you choose to not tryout after signing up, please notify email@example.com in writing. Tryout fees are not refundable.
And if you are part of the team?
- There will be team fees which are set by each team outside of Minor Hockey fees.
- There will be minimum two practices a week, one of which could be 6:00 am.
- Be prepared to play hockey most weekends either at home or away.
- As a Rep Competitive Player, your behavior on and off the ice reflects on yourselves, your parents, coaches and FSJ Minor Hockey.
- Inappropriate behavior is not acceptable.
- If you have a concern that your coach or team manager is not able to resolve, PLEASE contact your Rep Director.
If you have other interests that might take you away from your participation or commitment to your hockey team, you need to be honest about how much you want to play on a Competitive team. Choices you make will affect your team.
- Oh, sorry we cannot make BC Championships we are going on a family vacation.
- If you know this in advance play Recreation!
Are there expectations for parents?
All teams are eligible to participate in BC Hockey Championships.
- As soon as you are notified of dates for Championships, please ensure you make arrangements to be available to possibly travel and take your child.
- Parent Commitment to the team is necessary.
- It is up to you to ensure your child arrives at all games and practices on time.
- Punctuality is a sign of respect!!
- There are many jobs for Competitive teams, you will be expected to help with at least one of them.
- It is mandatory that you participate in any allowable fundraising for the team including selling raffle tickets.
- Funds you raise will help defray the cost of playing Competitive Hockey.
- Coaching your children off the ice will cause confusion and stress for the player. Let the coaching staff take care of the players on the ice at practice.
- Try to be a positive influence for all players on the team.
- Please respect the Coaching Staffâ€™s yearly plan. Just because you do not agree with it, or it does not fit into your plans for the year, does not mean there will be changes made.
Verbal abuse of officials, coaches, opposing players or your own team is not acceptable behavior. If you are frustrated, remove yourself from the Arena before you have an outburst which will embarrass yourself, your child and your Minor Hockey Association.
IF MY CHILD MAKES THE TEAM WHAT ARE THE COSTS TO PLAY COMPETITIVE HOCKEY?
- Each team will have a Monthly team fee.
- Any team fees left at the end of the year will be returned to the parents.
- Raffle fees must be used by the team for allowable expenses as per Gaming.
WILL MY CHILD MISS SCHOOL?
- This varies from team to team.
- Be aware there will be some school missed for travel to and from tournaments and participation in BC Hockey Championships.
Fort St. John Minor Hockey Association